Friends Around The World

This website is for all of my friends around the world, & it's only in English
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Barcelona confirm City offer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Novsky
Friend
Friend
avatar

Number of posts : 70
Age : 34
Location : Warsaw Capital, Poland
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Barcelona confirm City offer   Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:51 am

Barcelona has received a 32 million euro offer for two-time world player of the year Ronaldinho from Premier League side Manchester City.

The 28-year-old Brazilian, who is also subject to a 15million euros offer from AC Milan, will leave the club "with full honours", he told Catalunya Radio, adding the club had taken into account "the interests of the player as well as those of Barcelona" when deciding on whether he should go or not.

Laporta announced the offer from Manchester City, who are bankrolled by former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, but did not say if the club would be the final destination for the player who was deemed surplus to requirements by Barcelona's new coach Pep Guardiola following a dip in form last season.

Negotiations over Ronaldinho's transfer were held over the weekend, he added.

City have persistently refused to give up on buying Ronaldinho and emailed Barcelona their offer on Sunday night according to Monday's Daily Mail.

City are also prepared to pay the 28-year-old £100,000 more a week than Italian giants AC Milan have offered.

The club also believe the fact they have two other Brazilians at the club in his close friend Jo, who they broke their transfer record for earlier in the close season laying out £18million for him, and Elano could prove persuasive.

"They are refusing to be bullied out of it by Milan," a source told the Mail, who also claimed that sports kit manufacturer Nike would finance part of the deal.

"You have to admire their daring and their audacity. They still have hope that this could be possible."

However, La Gazzetta dello Sport also reported in its Monday edition that Barcelona, AC Milan and Ronaldinho, who scored 70 goals in 145 appearances for Barca are expected to meet in Barcelona to finalise his move to Italy.

The paper reported that after a day of a series of telephone calls on Sunday the Brazilian is returning to Spain from Porto Alegre on Monday with his agent and brother Roberto de Assis and will meet with officials from Barcelona and Milan.

Initially it was thought the player, who has not played since 9 March because of injury, was reluctant to be present at the summit following the Spanish club's refusal to release him for the Olympic Games in Beijing.

However, Ronaldinho will now meet with Barcelona's technical director Txiki Begiristain and Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani.

"We expect that he (Ronaldinho) or his agent will arrive this afternoon to start talking to the club," a Barcelona spokesman said.

One man confident that the deal will be concluded in time for Ronaldinho to be present at Milan's opening training session on 16 July is Ernesto Bronzetti, the Italian club's Spanish consultant.

"I spoke with Ronaldinho as he was leaving Porto Alegre for Barcelona and he told me I want to play for you'."

The consultant also suggested that the Italians will be happy to release the FIFA World Cupô winner for Brazil's attempt to win their first Olympic gold.

"I believe that Galliani has already said yes to him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Barcelona confirm City offer
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» About 300 oz to donate; Near Kansas City
» Arrest made in Kirsten Hatfield's abduction from her Midwest City home in 1997 - Midwest City, OK
» The Legendary City of Agartha...
» Leanne Higgins Missing in Limerick Ireland
» Anyone in need of milk in the OKC metro area(Moore)?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Friends Around The World :: Around The World :: Sport-
Jump to: